3.31.2006

Oh, so that's what 'moderate comments' does!

Borderline just had a d'oh moment. Please don't laugh. I have been wondering why the Borderline Blog has gotten absolutely zilch in the way of comments for many months, despite some posts that are bound to rub someone the wrong way, like my immigration amnesty post. Tonight I figured it out. The Blogger "moderate comments" tab actually stores up people's comments, until I approve them! And guess what, there were about 30 or 40 comments in there that needed moderating!

So I moderated them. My apologies to all the people who have posted something recently, and wondered why Borderline was too haughty to dain the missives with a reply. It wasn't disdain, it was my ignorance.

Now if I can only figure out how to get the moderator service to notify me by email that I have comments in the queue ...

4 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Under Settings>Comments you can indicate an e-mail address for comment notification :)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Borderline said...

Thanks Megan. I probably should have asked the group for opinions and advice a long time ago. I'm so technically clueless sometime, but hey, I'm a stubborn New Englander, and often I learn things the hard way, on my own and without help!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I always wondered why you got so few comments, considering what a popular blog this is. This makes much more sense :-)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Borderline said...

Thanks Kristine! Also, thanks for being a good neighbor, in cyberspace and physical space -- glad to see someone is blogging about life in West Newton!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home