10.31.2006

Waltham Halloween: Where'd all the kids go?

What a perfect Halloween night. Warm, dry, partly cloudy, a half moon ...

... But very few trick or treaters. It really was a big change from last year. Borderline remembers running out of candy in 2004 or 2005, and borrowing from our neighbors, but not this year. We got about a dozen groups of trick or treaters, and the flow stopped at about 7 pm. That compares with about 20 groups last year, including a few older kids coming until 7:30 or 8.

I'm not sure why that is. Part of it may be some of the houses nearby, who turn off the lights for various reasons. Some trick or treaters think, why bother with that side of the street?

I hope it's not like this next year ... we like Halloween!

Borderline thoughts from last year's Halloween:

Halloween dying in Newton?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Graeme said...

We live in North Waltham, nestled between 128 and Trapelo Road, and our numbers are very similar to yours. I was surprised that the warmer weather didn't mean a big increase in kids, but it didn't.

I'd also be quite sad if we were left with just the ghost of Halloween.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live not far from you, and we had a "normal" amount of kids. I think that if there are only a few lights on on a particular street, a lot of groups skip the whole street. My kids were dragging their tails after a while, and I took them into the more target-rich environments.

-Mark

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home