9.02.2005

Concerned for the children, and people who can't escape

I think everyone is horrifed by what's coming in from the media in New Orleans. Dehydrated babies? Old people in wheelchairs, parked in front of a convention center for four days? What kind of country is this?

I am also concerned about people who are trapped who we may not even know need help. We see pictures of folks on rooftops, but we also see pictures of submrged houses, with only the roofs visible, and I wonder how many people were forced into their attics, and don't have the strength or ability to break through the roof. That's the only way out for them, until they start draining the water, and that won't happen for weeks. I'd have trouble breaking through my own roof without tools, and I can't imagine a single mother with babies, or an older person attempting this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home